Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Favorite Healthy Cookbooks

As you can see in the picture below, I am slowly becoming a cookbook hoarder. I love reading cookbooks and getting new recipes and inspiration. I find that I gravitate towards cookbooks that offer healthy recipes. I try to cook healthy most week days and splurge a little on the weekends. In my opinion, these are my favorite healthy cookbooks:



1. The Best of Cooking Light: This cookbook has so many great healthy recipes for appetizers, breads, entrees, salad, soups, sandwiches and desserts. Every recipe I have tried in this book has come out really delicious and guilt-free. The serving sizes are pretty generous too. All nutritional information provided.

Some of my favorite recipes from this book are: Cinnamon
Apple Muffins, Coconut Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa, Chicken
Breasts stuffed with Artichokes, Lemon and Goat Cheese
(I substitute blue cheese in place of goat cheese, my own
personal preference), Black Bottom Banana Cream Pie,
and Biscotti.


2. Ellie Kreigers books: The Food you Crave, So Easy and Comfort Food Fix
All of these books offer healthy versions of great recipes. You never feel like you are eating "health" food when you cook from this book. I have not been disappointed in the recipes from any of the three books so far. All nutritional information provided in all three books.

Favorite recipes from The Food You Crave:  Peppercorn pork with wine sauce, Balsamic Chicken with Baby Spinach, Maple-Mustard Chicken Thighs, Oven-Baked Onion Rings and Greek Style Stuffed Peppers.
Favorite recipes from So Easy: Taco Salad, Garlic Basil Shrimp, Salmon Florentine (I am not a fan of salmon, so I use chicken instead and it is delicious)
Favorite recipes from Comfort Food Fix: (Newest book): Apple and Spinach Stuffed Pork Chops, Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Broccoli and Cheese Calzones and Banana Pudding.



3. Cook Yourself Thin and Cook yourself Thin Faster: These books have great healthy recipes for breakfast, entrees and desserts. The beginning of each book provides a lot of useful information on eating healthy and all the nutritional information for each recipe. Again, I have not been disappointed by these books yet.

Favorite recipes from Cook Yourself Thin: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, Healthy Potato Skins, Spring Vegetable Risotto, Buffalo Chicken Salad, Roasted Peach Crumble
Favorite recipes from Cook Yourself Thin Faster: White Pizza with Roasted Mushrooms, Chicken Cordon Blue, Mocha Mousse.


No comments:

Post a Comment