Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Roasted Baby Bok Choy

I recently tried baby bok choy for the first time a few weeks ago. I absolutely loved it. To me, it tasted a little like brussel sprouts/cabbage. It is usually used in Asian cooking but I think it can be a nice side dish to a lot of different cuisines. What I loved most about this vegetable was how the base was tender and the tops became crispy. I cannot wait to make this side dish again. I am definitely adding this to my frequently cooked dishes. 

Bok Choy is super nutritious with key nutrients like calcium and potassium. It helps support strong teeth and bones and helps with natural electrolyte balance. One cup of this vegetable only has 20 calories! 


Roasted Baby Bok Choy 
Serves 2-4 people
Ingredients:
3-4 bunches of baby bok choy
1 lemon- juice and zest
Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. 

2. Drizzle a little bit of oil on the baking sheet to prevent bok choy from sticking. Cut each bunch of bok choy lengthwise down the middle. Place each half, cut side down on the oiled baking sheet. 

3. Season with salt, pepper and lemon zest. Roast at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the bok choy is tender and slightly golden grown on the bottom and the tops become crispy. 

4. Squeeze a little lemon juice on top and serve immediately. 





No comments:

Post a Comment