Here is a recipe for stuffed mushrooms. I have adapted this recipe from Barefoot Contessa's cookbook: How easy is that? The recipe originally called for sausage but I decided to make it vegetarian and was very happy with the results.
P.S: Less than 2 weeks until Layla starts eating solid food :)
Makes 30-35 mushrooms (varies depending on size of mushrooms)
- 2 (8oz) packages of white mushrooms
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Marsala wine or sherry
- 6 scallions, white and green parts, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup panko crumbs
- 5 to 8 ounces of mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
2. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop them finely. Set aside.
3. Place mushroom caps in a shallow bowl and toss with 3 tbps of olive oil and Marsala wine. Set aside.
4. Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add in mushroom stems and cook until soft 3-5 mins.
5. Stir in scallions and garlic and cook for 2-3 mins more.
6. Add in the panko bread crumbs, stirring until incorporated. Add in the marscapone cheese and cook until it is melted and creamy.
7. Off the heat, add in the Parmesan cheese, parsley and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
8. Fill each mushroom cap with the mixture and arrange caps on a large baking dish in a single layer.
9. Bake until brown and crusty, around 50 mins.