Peanut Butter Banana Scones with Chocolate Filling
Makes 7-8 Scones
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 ripe banana-sliced
1 1/2 Tbsp Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
1 stick of cold butter-diced into 1/2 pieces
1 cup of heavy cream-divided
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
2. Add in sliced banana, peanut butter and butter. Cut into dry ingredients with pastry blender or two knives until the butter is evenly incorporated. The butter should be the size of peas.
3. Place in the freezer for 5 mins.
4. Remove the dough from the freezer and add in 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp heavy cream. Mix together until the dough forms into a ball.
5. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and pat down into a 1/2' thick circle. Make sure to keep flouring the dough, it is very sticky.
6. Using a large round biscuit cutter, make 14-16 circles. Place half of the circles on a parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the circles of dough and top each one with the remaining circles. Press the sides together to seal.
8. Brush each scone with the left over heavy cream and bake for 13-15 mins until golden brown.
9. Cool for a few minutes on a wire rack and serve warm.