Monday, June 25, 2012

Sweet Cinnamon Bread

Rainy Monday's..I may be speaking for myself when I say there is something cozy about a big thunderstorm, stuck at home with your little baby fast asleep and a shaky dog always by your feet. It puts me in the mood to bake something for my family. This is my go to recipe when I don't want to leave the house to buy any ingredients. I almost always have all these ingredient in my pantry and refrigerator. I make this with two people in mind, my husband Tom, who eats this for breakfast and my sister Kim, who loves this bread and always gets half the loaf.

**A good thing to always keep in your refrigerator is dry buttermilk. It comes in handy with a lot of baking recipes. If you do not have any buttermilk on hand you can use 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice plus milk to make 1 cup.

Sweet Cinnamon Quick Bread 
Makes 1 loaf


















Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk (or 4 tbsp dry buttermilk added to dry ingredients)
1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

Streusel Topping:
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp butter or margarine-softened

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour the bottom only of a 9" x 5" loaf pan.

2. In a large bowl, combine all bread ingredients. Beat 3 minutes on medium speed and pour batter into prepared pan. In a small bowl, combine all streusel ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter; swirl to marble batter and streusel.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Store in air tight container at room temperature or wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator. You can also slice the bread once it's cooled and wrap and freeze each slice individually. Defrost in microwave or toaster.




No comments:

Post a Comment