Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pumpkin Muffins

Tom was in the mood for pumpkin muffins recently, so I decided to make a batch for breakfast. I have a few recipes that I have tried over the years but no recipes were worth trying over again.
This time around, I came across this recipe and I finally found a very moist pumpkin muffin that is exactly what I have been looking for. I have already made these muffins multiple times and they always come out great!


Now that Layla is old enough to eat finger foods. I always make her a few mini muffins with some of the extra batter, as a special treat. I break them into little pieces and she devours the entire muffin :)


Pumpkin Muffins
Makes 12 regular, or 6 large 

















Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup melted butter
2 eggs
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1 tsp ginger
**If you do not have all the spices above on hand you can use 1 tsp cinnamon and 11/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.

2. In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, sugar and baking soda.

3. In another bowl, or large measuring cup, whisk together the pumpkin puree, melted butter, eggs, water and spices,

4, Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combine and all the dry ingredients are moist.

5. Pour batter into prepared muffin pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment