Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My Cookie Recipe made Gluten Free

There are certain baking recipes that are easily transferred to a gluten free version. I find that cookies work really well with a gluten free all purpose flour substitution. Here are a few recipes I have posted previously that work well with GF all purpose flour.

I am not yet an expert on all the different gluten free flours available but I would to share one thing I have discovered recently. I purchased the Maple Grove Farms Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Mix and my results have been very salty. I looked at the nutrition fact and realized that the sodium content is 650mg in 1/4 cup serving!!!! That is a ton of sodium compared to most brands of 40mg to 60mg per serving. I will definitely not be buying this flour in the future.



Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies: Replace 1/2 cups of flour with GF all purpose flour and 3 cups of Oats with GF oats




















Mexican Chocolate Cookies: Replace 3/4 cup flour with GF all purpose flour














Coconut Macaroons: Replace 2 tbsp cake flour with 2 tbsp GF all purpose flour















Coconut Squares Use 1 box of GF white or yellow cake mix



No comments:

Post a Comment