Monday, October 1, 2012

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins

I finally found a chocolate muffin recipe that is worth making. I tried this recipe before I knew I had Celiac Disease, so I know just how good these muffins taste. I have tested different recipes and they either come out to dry or not chocolaty enough. These muffins are very moist, a deep chocolate color with melted chocolate chips throughout. They are "chocolaty" without being to rich. I am adding this to my regular muffins recipes for my husband Tom and my daughter Layla to enjoy :)
A plus..they are SO easy to make.

I love making Layla a few mini muffins as a special treat. I use to break them into little pieces for her but now that she is getting good at taking bites she likes to hold the entire muffin and gobble it up :) Don't be fooled by the title chocolate chocolate muffins. In comparison to most muffin recipes, this recipe has very little added fat and only 1/2 cup sugar for the entire recipe. If you would like decrease the sugar content more, you can always skip the extra chocolate chips on top.











Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12 standard muffins, 6 large or 24 mini muffins
















Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
1/2 cup chocolate chips-divided in 1/4 cups

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Mix until distributed evenly.

3. In another bowl (I like to use a large measuring cup) whisk together warm water, canola oil, red wine vinegar, vanilla and egg.

4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combine. Do not over mix.

5. Prepare muffin pan with paper liners and fill each liner with batter. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.

6. Bake for 15 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean.

(If you are making mini muffins, check them after 8-10 minutes)



No comments:

Post a Comment