Honey Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 2 dozen cookies
2 Tbsp melted butter
1/4 canola oil
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup almond butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup dry non-fat milk
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg or ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups oats
1 Granny Smith apple- finely diced
1/2 cup coconut- optional
1. Whisk together the wet ingredients: butter, oil, honey, egg, and vanilla.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients: dry milk, whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and oats.
3. Combine the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until fully incorporated.
4. Mix in the diced apple and coconut (if using)
5. Drop tablespoonfuls of cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, silpat or lightly greased with non stick spray.
6. Bake 12 mins and cool on rack.
(Adapted from Ellie Kreiger's Honey Oatmeal Raisin Cookies)