This is a nice change from the typical stuffed chicken breasts. This is very quick and easy to prepare for a weeknight meal the whole family will enjoy.
Ham and Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serves 4 (2 rolls per person)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
16 thin slices of deli ham
8 slices of cheese (swiss, montery jack, mozzarella or provolone)
1 bunch of asparagus-cut off large ends and discard
2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsp honey
1 tsp cider vinegar
1 tsp worchestire sauce
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt and Pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine mustard, honey, vinegar, worchestire sauce, cayenne pepper and a little salt and pepper in a bowl; set aside.
3. Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise and pound each half thin ( 8 pieces total). Set aside.
4. Set up an assembly line of ham, cheese and 16 asparagus spears (cut in half) and mustard sauce.
5. Working with one chicken breast half at a time, spread on mustard sauce and then layer with ham, cheese and asparagus. Roll chicken and secure with toothpicks. Continue with the rest of the chicken. Season the rolled chicken with salt and pepper.
6. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the chicken rolls and cook until golden brown on all sides. Transfer chicken to a baking dish and cook in 350 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through but not dry.
7. Remove toothpicks and serve.