Monday, March 4, 2013

Maroni's Restaurent: 20 course meal


I was a lucky girl this year for my birthday able to spend it with friends and family at Maroni's, a restaurtant located in Northport, NY. The meal consists of around 20 or so courses and includes as much wine, beer or soft drinks as you would like. The food and atmosphere of this place is amazing. You are surrounded by rock and roll memorabilia and Led Zepplin playing in the background. The decor couldn't be more perfect for my rock and roll loving husband. What could be better than listening to his favorite music, surrounded by pictures of rock legends while being fed 20 courses of food for 3 hours? It was a perfect night with perfect company and great food. I hopefully will be celebrating many more birthdays at this restaurant.

The pictures below are some of the courses we had the pleasure of trying. I will post a recipe this week of the Portobello mushroom with Gorgonzola that I recreated at home (one of our favorite of the night). I would definitely recommend trying this place. It is expensive at $125.00 per person but for a special occasion, I would say it is well worth it. I also have to add that they are accommodating to food allergies. You may not be able to taste everything but they will try to substitute when they can. I'll admit that I have a gluten allergy and I couldn't resist tasting everything. They did give my gluten free pasta, which was the BEST I have ever had!

Scallop Ceviche 



Homemade Potato Chip with Creme Fraiche and Caviar 

Seafood Platter with Shrimp Cocktail, Raw Oysters, Clams and King Crab Legs 

Portobello Mushroom with Gorgonzola Cheese, Balsamic and Basil Oil 

Braised Oxtail 

Veal Chop Parmigiana with Crispy Kale 

Black Pasta with Shrimp

Baked Clams 

Gluten Free Pasta with Homemade Tomato Sauce 

Upper Left: Crispy Crawfish Bottom Right: Ruffy with Asparagus and Fried Capers

Kobe Beef Sliders with Tater Tots

Chicken Cutlet with Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato and Bail 

Zucchini Parmigiana 

Lobster Crab Salad on Homemade Potato Chip 

Butter Poached Lobster on Mashed Potatoes 

Dessert WAS....Creme Brulee, Homemade Chipwiches, Homemade Dove Ice Cream Bars,
Cheesecake and Chocolate Mousse with Toasted Marshmallow






No comments:

Post a Comment