Here is another gift idea for this holiday season. You can find most of these ingredients in your pantry without having to run to the store. I used a combination of roasted almond oil, sugar and almond extract. I have listed a few other combinations as well. Rub this sugar scrub on your body in the shower and rinse away the dry skin. The oil will leave your skin feeling extra smooth. Enjoy!!!
Homemade Sugar Body Scrub
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/4- 1/2 cup oil (olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil)
1 tsp almond extract (you can also use vanilla extract or any essential oil's you prefer)
1. Mix together white sugar and brown sugar in a bowl. Place sugar into jar (that can hold 2 cups).
2. Pour oil over top of sugar one tablespoon at a time. Let the sugar absorb the oil slowly. Let each tablespoon seep into sugar before adding more oil.
3. Once you added all the oil and it seeps halfway down the jar, add in extract.
4. Pour all contents of the jar into a large bowl and mix together until fully combined and moistened.
5. Repack the jar with the sugar mixture and seal tightly with a lid. Decorate with fabric, ribbon and homemade label.