Flourless Almond Honey Cake Recipe from EatingWell.com
Makes 8-10 servings
1 1/2 cups of almonds-toasted
4 eggs-at room temperature
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp honey-to drizzle
1/4 cup crushed almonds to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper and spray the paper.
2. Process whole almonds in a food processor or blender until finely ground
3. Beat 4 egg yolks, 1/2 cup honey, vanilla, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer (or use a paddle attachment on a stand mixer) on medium speed until well combined. Add the ground almonds and beat on low until combined.
4. Beat 4 egg whites in another large bowl with the electric mixer on medium speed until very foamy, white and doubled in volume, but not stiff enough to hold peaks, 1 to 2 minutes (depending on the type of mixer). Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the nut mixture until just combined. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
5. Bake the cake until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 28 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan and gently remove the side ring. Let cool completely.
6. To serve, drizzle the top of the cake with honey and sprinkle with sliced or crushed almonds.