Friday, November 9, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Muffins (Pumpkin Nutella Muffins)

I call these Hurricane Sandy muffins because I made a big batch in preparation for the storm. Muffins are a great breakfast/snack that don't need to be refrigerated or frozen. I stumbled upon this recipe on Pintrest and put it on my "Recipes I want to Try" list. A major reason I wanted to try this recipe is to use up the jar of Nutella in my pantry that is slowly expanding my waistline. Unfortunately, for my skinny jeans there is still 1/3 of the jar left. Enjoy, this recipe is a keeper.

Pumpkin Nutella Muffins (Recipe from Alaskafromscratch.com)
Makes 12 muffins



















Ingredients:

1 cup pumpkin puree (canned, not pie filling)
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
1-3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/3 cup Nutella


1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 12-count standard or 6 count large muffin pan with baking cups.

2. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, sugar, eggs, oil, water, and vanilla until well-combined.

3.In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.

4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until smooth. Pour batter into the baking cups, filling about 2/3-3/4 full.

5. Put the Nutella into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 20-30 seconds or until it thins out just enough to swirl.

6. Using a teaspoon, drop a spoonful or two of Nutella onto the top of each muffin and swirl with a knife.

7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set. You can eat these at room temperature but they are best served warm. Reheat in microwave for 10- 20 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment